Wednesday, August 03, 2005

"Professing to be wise, they became fools..."

I came across another great post today regarding the Christian blogosphere. The blogger, Tom Reindl, writes here:
"I am wondering about what I have been writing lately. For that matter, I am wondering about what most Christian bloggers have been writing about. Further that, I am wondering what most Christian authors, including the well known ones, have been writing about.

A thought occurred to me yesterday...how we can seem to know so much about God, and our faith, and yet how we seem to have little or none of the power that comes with the Kingdom. And so I brought that thought up when I was in silence with Abba..."


He goes on to say:

"I am far more interested in knowledge than I am in practical living. By “practical living”, I mean, as far as a believer goes, I am an infant. Yet I want to discuss the deeper “truths” of our faith as if I have been, or am a mature follower of Christ, which I am not. I go so far with this as to disdain real love so that I can talk about love instead..."



This seems like a very timely post. Perhaps God is trying to speak to the Christian blogosphere. It seems that there are posts like this cropping up all over the place in the last few days. I know when I feel like God is trying to speak to me, it is always confirmed in several different places. If I go to church on Sunday and this is the topic of the sermon, I will probably pass out. :)

No comments: