Sunday, August 21, 2005

Prayer Request

I would like to make a special prayer request. If you read this post, please pray for a special little boy in my life. His home situation is not the best. His mother has some emotional problems and may have a drug problem as well. I fear for the safety and well-being of this baby while he is in her care. My prayer is that God will watch over him and keep him safe and that if his mother is unable to get herself some help, that he would be removed from the home and placed with someone who will love him and care for him. My mom confronted her today about her behavior and she got very upset and told my mom that she would never let her see the baby again. My mom has kept him nearly every single weekend since he was 9 days old. He is now 8 months. My mother is just devastated, and worried. She really needs our prayers as well. It has been a rough year for her. Her boyfriend died in July of 2004 of a sudden heart attack, my father ( her ex-husband) was diagnosed less than a month later with cancer and he died in June of this year. Now this with the baby....

Thanks.

5 comments:

P. Allan Frederick said...

Sounds like you've had it pretty rough yourself! I will gladly pray for those situations. Thank you for your humble spirit in asking. God love ya!

Anonymous said...

praying...

Bethany said...

I've already been praying for you...I'll add this baby to my list as well. Take care.

Gina said...

Hi Bethany,

I appreciate your comments and prayers. Thanks for stopping by.

Gina

Gina said...

I just wanted to give you guys an update on this situation. The baby's mother called on Friday and wanted to know if we would like to keep him this weekend. (We hadn't talked to her in a couple of weeks after she said that we couldn't see him anymore.)

Anyway, he is here right now, sleeping. I was so excited to see him this afternoon when he got here.

Please keep praying that God will continue to work on his behalf in this situation.

Thanks

P.S. I was listening to a Selah CD tonight and they do a very upbeat rendition of the old hymn, "Power in the Blood." The baby absolutely loved this song. He was dancing and "singing" and his little arms were just going crazy. He looked like he was playing drums. HA It was so sweet.