Monday, August 15, 2005

Florida

I went to Florida to visit my sister for a little mini-vacation this past weekend. I had a great time. I had never been to my sisters new place so I really enjoyed that. We did some power shopping one afternoon and I feel the need to share with you my current list of must have items:

1. Hanae Mori Butterfly perfume. I can't begin to tell you how delicious this smells - And, the bottle is also pretty. Notes include: Strawberries, Bilberries, Black Currant, Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Sandalwood, Almond, Praline.

According to Sephora:

The fragrance is a rare blend of berries and flowers, with a distinctive tone of strawberries and almond, giving an impression of vanilla. The bottle's top is distinctly made from glass, a first for any fragrance. The top represents the beauty and delicate shape of a butterfly with folded wings.


2. Phyto Phytodefrisant Hair Relaxing Balm- A must have for anyone who must content with humidity.

3. Bath and Body Works' new fall scent, Brown Sugar and Fig. It smells heavenly.

And, my latest and greatest restaurant find:

Seasons 52 in Altamonte Springs, Fl. Everything on the menu is under 500 calories and tastes fantastic. I went there with my sister and I'll admit I was a skeptic. I was expecting to find something along the lines of the Weight Watchers menu at Applebees and it was nothing like that at all. The food was excellent - very flavorful. I got crab stuffed shrimp with asparagus and squash. My sister got pork tenderloins with pollenta. The desserts are fantastic as well. They each come served in a tall shot glass and are just enough to top off the delicious dinner. With many items coming in under 300 calories each, this restaurant definitely deserves a visit.

PS. I am saving the horrible part of my vacation story until tomorrow...

No comments: