Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the people on the gulf coast who have been affected by Hurricane Katrina.

I received an email today from a co-worker in Ohio seeking assistance for her sister, Lisa who lives In New Orleans and lost everything in the Hurricane. Lisa is a widow and has two children. I can't even begin to imagine what she must be going through tonight.

As I sit here, warm and comfortable at the kitchen table, I am full of gratitude for the things I often take for granted: a roof over my head, a warm bed, and refrigerator full of food to eat.

The TV is on and I am staring in disbelief at the widespread destruction. One reporter just commented, "New Orleans as we know it is gone." Another reporter tells stories of entire families found dead in their homes. It is all so terribly sad.

No comments: