Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Removing My Sister's Link

After a brief review of my sister's my space link, I had to remove it from my blog because of the content. There were several questionable comments and a couple of photos that were not in good taste. So... sadly, I am not able to link to her. In my opinion, a link is an endorsement, and I can't endorse some of the stuff I read on there.

That being said, please pray for Deidra. She was baptized at an early age and professed a strong faith in Christ early on. When we were growing up, she was always the one who defended Christianity when I questioned it. However, as many people often do in their college years, she has wandered from the faith. I have been praying for her constantly. I was encouraged last week to hear that she went to church on her own a couple of weeks ago. That is a good sign, I think. But, from what I can tell, she doesn't have a lot of positive influences in Florida from which to draw upon. Her boyfriend is essentially a non-practicing Catholic who thinks that the bible should not be taken literally (ever) and believes he can do whatever he wants now and pay for his sins in pergatory later. Her best friend is also Catholic, and holds similar views. (By the way, I am not picking on Catholics. From what I can see, neither of them appear to even understand the doctrinal positions of "The Church." Much of their conduct would be considered mortal sin according to my understanding of Catholic doctrine, and thus, not subject to the refining fires of pergatory. In other words, if you die in unconfessed mortal sin, you go to hell, not pergatory, as the RCC teaches that pergatory is for venial (less serious) sin.)

I have been trying to share the gospel with them. Pray that God will remove the blindness from their eyes so that they may see the truth.

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stuff like this is really hard. I'll be praying for everybody - and that you'll be given the right words to say at the right time.

Gina said...

Thanks Ellen!