Saturday, March 25, 2006

Comfort

I had a terrible headache all morning and most of the afternoon. I hadn't eaten anything all day so I went out to get something around 2:00 p.m. or so. I thought that if I ate something and took some ibuprofen, I might feel better. As I was driving, Steven called. Here is an excerpt of our conversation:

Me: What should I have for lunch?

Steven: Hmm. A salad.

Me: Yuck. I don't want a salad...

Steven: Why not? Salad is good for you...

Me: Yeah, but salad is not comforting.

Steven: Ahhh! Food is not supposed to be comforting! Food is not a substitute for love.

Me: Oh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have my comfort food, but I try to identify what I find comforting about it.

A salad doesn't sound good if you have a headache. The lettuce is too loud.