Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Biblical Affirmations

From The Bondage Breaker:

I am God's child (John 1:12)
I have been bought with a price: I belong to God. (1 Corinthians 6:17)
I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 2:18)
I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)
I can be confident that the good work God has begun in me will be perfected. (Philippians 1:6)
I can find grace and mercy to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)
I have been chosen and appointed by God to bear fruit. (John 15:16)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! (Philippians 4:13)


Some others:

With man things might seem impossible. But with God's help, all things are possible. (Matthew 19:26)

I can regain control over my eating disorder because "greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4)

I will not be tempted beyond what I am able to bear. In my temptation, God creates a way of escape for me. ( 1 Corinthians 10:13)

If I trust the Lord with all my heart and do not rely on my own wisdom, he will direct my steps. (Proverbs 3:5)

Prayers from Beth Moore's Praying God's Word:


Father, the false teachers of this world promise freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity- for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. (2 Peter 2:19) I acknowledge my slavery and deeply desire to be mastered by You alone. Only Your mastery brings liberty.


"Everything is permissible for me"-but not everything is beneficial "Everything is permissible for me"-but I desire not to be mastered by anything. (1 Cor. 6:12) Lord God help me to recognize and discern what is not beneficial for me. Help me to see that authentic liberty is being free to do certain things and not free to do others.


More later...

No comments: