Sunday, October 23, 2005

Who is Jesus?

Jesus went out, along with His disciples, to the villages of (B)Caesarea Philippi; and on the way He questioned His disciples, saying to them, "Who do people say that I am?" (Mark 8:27)


Today, as I was reading the above verse from the gospel of Mark, I thought about the question Jesus posed. Just out of curiosity, I decided to google it. Here are the top 10 hits:

1. Jesus is the Messiah.
2. Jesus is the only way.
3. Jesus is the real one.
4. Jesus is the Son of God.
5. Jesus is both God and man.
6. Jesus is God in human flesh.
7 Jesus is the Word.
8. Jesus is Lord.
9. Jesus is the YHWH the "I am."
10. Jesus is not known amongst the public ...

Yes. Jesus is the Messiah, the only way, the Son of God, was both God and man...the Lord. Yet, for far too many people, Jesus is not known. Today, Jesus asks us, "Who do YOU say I am?" How will you respond? Will you affirm that he is the only way? The real one? The Lord? Or, will you say, "He is not known amongst us!" ?

Today, if you his his voice, do not harden your hearts..." (Hebrews 3:15)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina - I've been missing you! Are you ok? Or just really overwhelmed?

(me too)

Gina said...

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for checking up on me! I have been hoping to get back to posting on a semi-regular basis but I have been really busy lately. I just finished my last final for the semester on Monday and trying to plan a trip to NYC for Christmas. Also, I have been busy with work and etc...

I decided to get rid of the internet service at my house because I found that I was spending too much time online and it was starting to interfere with other things. There are a couple of other reasons that I would prefer not to get into in such a public forum. In any event, I do hope to get back to blogging soon.

I hope you and your kids have a Merry Christmas!

In Christ,

Gina

Anonymous said...

I also believe in Jesus (Yahshua), that he is YHWH....I am in Huntington WV. We have a congregation who believes in Messiah, and we worship on Saturday afternoons.... www.apostolicsofyahshua.com

Later
Donnie

Gina said...

Danny,

Thanks for stopping by. Do you believe in the Trinity? I looked at your website and I couldn't tell.