Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Looks Like Armageddon!?!

I had the weirdest telephone conversation today at work. I got a message off my machine from a middle aged man who was looking for a particular type of insurance that we do not offer. So, I called to tell him that and about midway into the phone call he says to me, "Are you a Christian?" I said that I was and he proceeded to tell me that he believes that Hurricanes Wilma, Rita and Katrina are sure signs that the world is getting ready to end. I didn't want to mention to him that hurricanes are not a new phenomena, being that he was a potential customer. Nevertheless, he continued to speak of death and devastation for a couple of minutes until I interjected with this hopeful statement: "Well, we should pray that this hurricane doesn't end doing the kind of damage that Katrina did." He said, "The wind blows where it will, we can't stop the hand of God." Then he asked me how old I am. I told him that I am 29. He said I sounded much younger and then he politely excused himself and hung up.

I guess he was looking for a younger woman. :)

No comments: