Friday, October 14, 2005

Psalm 63

God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.

Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.

So I will bless you as long as I live;
in your name I will lift up my hands.

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed,
and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.

My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.


Psalm 63:1-8




Do you hunger for God this way? I know I do. This is one of my favorite psalms.

No comments: