Thursday, January 12, 2006

I'm back!

Hi everyone! I know it has been a while since I have posted anything. It has been crazy around here for the last few months with work, school and the holidays. Also, after prayerful consideration, I decided to take a hiatus from blogging and the net for a while. All things considered, I think it was a good thing.

We spent Christmas in New York City this year. We stayed at the Waldorf=Astoria on Park and Lexington. The hotel was great, but our rooms were kind of small. But, who goes to New York to hang out in a hotel room anyway? So,it wasn't a big deal. We were only there four and a half days so we didn't get to do everything we wanted, but we did a lot. The highlight of our trip was Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve at St. Patrick's Cathedral. Former mayor Giuliani was there. A gentleman from the New York Opera sang "Oh Holy Night." It gave me chills. Good stuff! Oh, and of course I can't leave off all the shopping on 5th Avenue and Madison Ave. That was a blast. Finally, on Christmas night we had dinner at Tavern on the Green and then we took a carriage ride through Central Park.

What else is new? Let's see. Oh, I got a promotion at work. When my boss came to me to discuss the opportunity I was hesitant and not sure it was something I wanted to do right now because I am in my final semester of college and I am taking 19 hours of classes. But, I decided to pray about it and I asked a couple of close friends to pray about it with me as well. In the end, my boss was practically bending over backwards to accommodate my schedule. So, I decided to take it. I am glad I did. I think it is a step in the right direction and will be good for my checkbook and resume. The only drawback is that I have to go to a pre-licensing class in week or so and then take a state licensing exam to get my property and casualty insurance license in West Virginia. Ordinarily, this would be no big deal. But, on top of all my classes, its a bit daunting. So, I really would appreciate your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

congrats on everything - I'm glad to see you back!