Friday, April 21, 2006

Goodbye and Hello

You can get just so much from a good thing
You can linger too long in your dreams
Say goodbye to the oldies but goodies
'Cause the good old days weren't always good
And tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems- Billy Joel


Today is my 30th birthday. To say that I have been depressed about leaving my twenties behind would be an understatement. Yet, as I started to reflect on my twenties, I realized that I had made a big mess out of most of my twenties. So, I suppose I can look at turning 30 in one of two ways: I can either be totally devastated and feel like the world is coming to an end, or I can look at it as a new beginning. I choose the latter. Besides, my friend Doug says that thirty is the new twenty. :)

1 comment:

kc bob said...

I just got home from a 50 year old's birthday party ... he was dancin' disco ... guess age it is all attitude:)