Saturday, July 09, 2005

Fear of Commitment?

Ok, I am thinking that I might have been wrong about not having "issues."
Allow me to explain...

I went shopping today for a sleeper sofa for my home office/guest room. I picked out the one I wanted and placed my order. I even paid for it. Then, I got home and started having serious doubts. First, I worried that it wouldn't fit through the door of the room. I measured. Twice. With that issue settled, I then began to wonder if I really liked the color I selected. Oh, no...and what about the pattern of the throw pillows. Nearly in panic attack mode, I found my way to the manufacturer's website. There I found that I could build my own sofa online.

To make a long story short, I have spent the last several hours putting together every single combination of sofas and pillows humanly possible. I have determined, after four frantic phone calls to various friends and relatives, that I made a mistake. I don't like the pattern I selected for the throw pillows. No, wait. I actually hate the pattern I selected for the throw pillows.

Now, just to be clear, we are talking about two very small, square pillows. I can't even commit to two pillows. I have spent nearly my entire day consumed by my own inability to make a decision about pillows. Therefore, does it really come as a surprise to anyone that I am still single?

Hi, my name is Gina, and I can't commit...

No comments: