Monday, July 03, 2006

"The Devil Wears Prada"- and Autumn wears Braxton's Dinner!

Autumn and I went to see "The Devil Wears Prada" on Saturday afternoon. I liked it a lot. The movie did an excellent job of satirizing the shallow, materialistic, image driven society in which we live. There were some really funny lines. One of the funniest and most ridiculous lines in the whole movie is when one of the girls says to the other, "I am on a strict diet. I don't eat anything. Then, when I feel like I am going to pass out, I eat a cube of cheese."

After the movie we met my mom and Braxton at the mall. We had dinner at Bennigans. Braxton was well behaved, but started to get restless toward the end. Autumn graciously offered to take him for a little walk while we finished our meals. She hadn't been gone long when a waiter frantically approached and said, "The girl with the baby needs you immediately." My mom went to the rescue, only to find that our worst fear was true. Braxton had gotten so upset to be away from my mom that he threw up all over himself, Autumn and the floor. The poor host was so nice, but I felt terrible for him. How gross! We gave him some cash as we left the restaurant.

I really think Braxton needs to see a doctor about all the vomiting. It is not normal. Every time he gets upset he makes himself throw up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember those days with my son...usually when we had someplace to go.

It's been a while since I've been to a movie, it might be time!