Sunday, May 07, 2006

My best friend...

My best friend got married last month and yesterday her husband told her he thinks they made a huge mistake and wants a divorce. Basically, he just wants it all to go away as quickly as possible. She offered to go to counseling and he refused to go. He didn't even want her to say goodbye to his kids, but she insisted.

I went with her today to say goodbye to the kids. We met her husband at the cafe that he owns. She was crying, the kids were upset. It was awful. He didn't even speak to her the whole time...

According to my best friend, they never even had a fight. So, I don't know what brought all this on. He said something about feeling pressured to get married. But, he had plenty of opportunities to get out if he had wanted to. Personally, I think he was just using her. She put a lot of money on credit cards helping him out and paying for him to go to a writer's conference. Not to mention the fact that she gave up her job and moved to another state to be with him. Now, he thinks she is just supposed to go away like a bad dream.

Please pray for this couple.

1 comment:

kc bob said...

What a sad story ... wish I couldn't relate ... so many people I know are getting divorced ... in each case it seems that the man has flaked out big time.